Saturday, February 4, 2012

I'm only going to say this once

I’m trying to learn not to be so fussy about things.  Generally, but with my writing especially.  My cognitive speed has recently slowed (yes, there’s a story there that I may or may not share one day) and so has the pace of my writing.  I especially have trouble trying to work out whether there is internal order in what I have written.  This means the editing process is lengthy and painful, and that this level of travail is entirely new to me.

But, I’m trying to channel some blitheness in my approach, some just-keep-moving dynamism and flow.  I’m convinced that the more writing I lay down in volume, the more my brain cells will fire and the neural pathways will rewire.  Eventually, the writing will cure itself.  So, if my grammar is a little unorthodox, or you come across a scandalous misuse of vocabulary, cut me some slack.  I do, and for now at least it’s a good thing.

3 comments:

  1. I can do encouraging, not sure about the other two! But you'll have me thinking, I know that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can do encouraging, not sure about the other two!
    Looking forward to reading YOUR insightful thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arrowhead for that vote of confidence. I hope you do find some insightful thoughts here.

      Delete

Your witty, insightful and encouraging comments welcome!