Monday, January 23, 2012

Claytons

I was thinking a bit more about rule #4, and versions of success, and goals, and what really this blog was going to be about, when I thought, “Why not have a mission statement?” 

But since I’m not really a mission statementy type person (as that might require wearing shoulder pads and pantihose), there is a limit to how much I ever want to know about them.   Nonetheless it’s a useful exercise to think about what exactly I’m denoue-ing here.


Destination:  denouement is ~
·       A celebration of the creative process
·       A love-fest for stories, and all the book-based joys of life
·       A conversation with fellow writers and readers
·       A place for me to Get Over It. And Get On With It.
·       A generous share of the things that inspire me to write
·       A interesting, entertaining, honest and aware read
·       A demonstration of even just a sliver of writerly skill

I think that’s enough to keep me busy.  What about you?  Do you have a mission statement for your writing?  I would love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your witty, insightful and encouraging comments welcome!